Tours & Trips
As a part of co-curricular activity an educational trip was organised by the school for 103 cadets of class VI to Mysore on 22 July 2017. As per the schedule, we started our journey from the school at 06.20 hrs on school bus and later a hired bus. First we reached Chamundi hill, the divine abode of goddess Chamundeshwari. Since there was a special prayer service for the goddess going on, we waited for our turn to enter the temple along with the tourists. Standing in-front of the statue of Mahishasura we were reminded of the legend of Mysore and the reason why it was named Mysuru. After this we visited Nandi hill and we had delicious breakfast there itself. Then we started our journey and reached Mysore palace, the official residence and the place where the golden throne of Wadiyar dynasty is placed. Later we visited the ceremonial meeting hall of the royal court built by Maharaja Rajashri, and a huge golden Ambari, golden Howdaha which is of about 750 kg and embellished with gold, silver figurines by Swamikala nipuna Singannacharya. Then we visited Mysore zoo which spreads over 157 acre. The zoo came into existence in the year 1902. The visit provided the opportunity to know the biodiversity of endangered, vulnerable, endemic, extinct species. Then we visited Krishnaraja Sagara Dam which was constructed on river Cauvery under the able guidance of Sir. M. Visweswaraya. The cadets enjoyed a lot while witnessing the musical fountain. We left Mysore and reached the school at 22.20 hrs safely. The tour left an indelible impression of the bounties of nature in the minds of cadets that would be carried on for years to come.
Report By: Ms.Leelavathi D H, Master in Chemistry