The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies. The NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is the first tri-service academy in the world.
There are various mathematical principles are incorporated in 60% of questions asked in last year UPSC exam. The candidates, who study mathematics for the sake of term examinations, find it a hard task while cracking the questions in UPSC. The questions are in UPSC are asked to test the conceptual understanding in depth.
How do I prepare for Mathematics?
A UPSC candidate should make a through preparation before taking the exam.
- Fix your goal and start preparing early, as early as after your Class X exam. This will give you an edge over other students.
- At first collect all NDA study material at a place. Check complete syllabus that what to prepare? It gives you the better idea about most important topics.
- Strong your basics – Clear the concepts and formulas of your Class VI, VII, and VIII.
- Make a schedule for every topic here is the complete guide on proper time management tips for NDA Exam.
- Start with your weak topics first try to strengthen them.
- Don’t forget about Negative Marking. Avoid guessing answers.
- Analyze each question-setting, concept, duration of time for solving, speed and accuracy.
- Take practice tests as much as you can from an expert trainer.
- Collect question papers of previous years and make an attempt to solve keeping time limit.
- Maths questions will be asked in both forms – to complete the statement or to solve, so be prepared like that.
- So if you want to improve your mathematics, you need to focus more and more on problem solving instead of just reading theories, formulae, and solutions.
- Spend more time on solve problem instead of reading solutions/theories/formulae.
- Step by Step learning
- Revision and Re-Learning
- Don’t refer solutions without trying problems
- Generate your Interest to perform better
- Make Flash Cards for better learning
- Help others if you get chance
- Participants must start to make short notes for important mathematics formulas and points from day one of their NDA exam preparation. It will help you at last time for revision.
- Developing Insight.Many questions in NDA are crafted in such a manner that the usual methods take long to arrive at the answer. Before actually solving the problem, the student should work on the approach and cut out the unnecessary parts of the solution. Learn tosave time. Make it work for you.
- Learn the art of persistence and patience.Questions in NDA also test your ability to stick to a problem and find out the answer quickly. Many people give up midway, thinking the question is too long or tough. Don’t do that, NDA paper isnever too difficult.
SCHEDULE OF EXAMS:
- Every Wednesday NDA Pattern exam (for class XII) will be conducted from 1600 hrs to 1730 hrs based on the topics of the chapter/s covered in the week. After completion of test, discussion of Question paper conducted in the gap days
- The online/offline test materials are made available for the cadets for better evaluation and analysis
- The MCQ test answers reader provided for timely completion of the evaluation and analysis
- Cumulative Tests (based on Unit wise) will be conducted on monthly basis
- Six grand Tests on complete syllabus will be conducted.